Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dancing Into Retirement

As I update my blog I’m watching the Grammy awards. I love the music. I love hip hop, and the Black Eyed Peas, and Pink and especially Lady Gaga. I can sing along with Beyonce and I wish I knew all the moves to her “Single Ladies” dance. Uh Uh Oh!

I listen to this music on my ipod when I’m cleaning the house. I dance around with abandon…when no one else is home. I sometimes listen to my ipod when I’m shopping and I have to remember to restrain myself from dancing. I’m too old to be cool dancing, but not old enough to be eccentric.

I love the poetry in the lyrics. Can't you hear the pain when Pink sings "Please don't leave me" or the longing in Eminem's "Lose Yourself." It's raw emotion.

There’s so much good music and not enough time to dance. I’m grateful for for the music. Life is good.

2 comments:

SK said...

Well, now that you are embracing your retirement, what is stopping you from learning all the moves to Single Ladies?

Now is the time for you to do everything that you said you wanted to do but didn't have the time. Don't make excuses.

I challenge you to make a list of 100 things you want to do. Some can be little. Some can be huge. (Make them realistic - marrying George Clooney will be highly unlikely) The list will grow. The list will evolve.

You may (or may not) want to share it with everyone. ;)

#1Nana said...

SK, You're right. You're calling my bluff. There are no excuses. I think, perhaps, I'm not that brave.
Nana

Related Posts with Thumbnails